I am an Assistant Professor in the
Department of Computer and Information Science at the University of Oregon.
My research interests include learning and inference with
probabilistic graphical models, adversarial machine learning, and
statistical relational machine learning.
I also maintain Libra, an
open-source toolkit for Learning and Inference in
Bayesian networks, Random fields, and Arithmetic
Latest version: 1.1.1, released on 3/28/2015.
- May 2015: I will (again) be serving as Proceedings Chair for
the Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI 2015)
and Workshops Cochair for AAAI 2016.
- March 2015: Libra version 1.1.1
is now available! Includes better documentation, better interface, bug fixes, and more!
- September 2014: New NSF grant funded -- "EAGER: Machine Learning
to Combat Adversarial Attacks"!
- August 2014: "Inferring Coarse Views of Connectivity in Very Large Graphs" was accepted to COSN 2014 (with Reza Motamedi, Reza Rejaie, Walter Willinger, and Roberto Gonzalez).
- July 2014: Presented tutorial on Learning Tractable Probabilistic Models at UAI 2014 (with Pedro Domingos).
- July 2014: Presented position paper
Towards Adversarial Relational Reasoning at StaR AI 2014 (with Brent Lessley, Mino De Raj).
- June 2014: I am serving as Workshops Cochair for AAAI 2015 and 2016.
- April 2014: On Robustness and Regularization of Structural Support
Vector Machines (with Ali Torkamani) was accepted to ICML 2014.
- March 2014: Libra version 1.0.1
is now available! Includes new algorithms for learning sum-product networks
and mixtures of trees.
- March 2014: I will be serving as Proceedings Chair for
the Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence (UAI 2014).
- February 2014: I will be serving as co-chair of two ICML
2014 workshops --
Learning, Security and Privacy
and Learning Tractable Probabilistic Models.
Please submit papers! Deadlines are in late March!
- February 2014: Improving Markov Network
Structure Learning Using Decision Trees (with Jesse Davis)
has been published in JMLR!
- December 2013: Learning Sum-Product
Networks with Direct and Indirect Interactions was accepted to ICML 2014.
- December 2013: Our work was presented at the NIPS 2013
Deep Learning Workshop (with Pedram Rooshenas) and
Perturbations, Optimization, and Statistics Workshop (with Ali Torkamani).
- August 2013: Received a Google Faculty Award to continue
my research on tractable graphical models.
- August 2013: On the Hardness of Evading Combinations of Linear Classifiers
accepted for AISec 2013 workshop (with David Stevens).
- June 2013: Convex Adversarial Collective
Classification presented at ICML 2013 (with Ali Torkamani).
- May 2013: Our NIH proposal to study health care social networks has been
funded (PI: Dejing Dou).
- April 2013: Learning Markov Networks with
Arithmetic Circuits presented at AISTATS 2013 (with Pedram Rooshenas).