I'm interested in Machine Learning in general and Statistical Relational Learning in specific. I am currently a research assistant in Computer Science Department at University of Oregon . I am working under supervision of Dr. Daniel Lowd on Adversarial Relational Learning.
1. M. A. Torkamani, S. Mahmoodzadeh, M. Khataei, C. Lucas, "Chaotic Invariants in Natural Signals, Case Study: Iranian Rial Exchange Rates", (In Persian Language) Quarterly Iranian economic research Journal (Accepted-In press 2008)
2. M. Kazemian, A. Mahabadi, A. Torkamani, "Recognizing Persian Handwritten Digits with TSK Fuzzy Model", Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (JCSE) (Accepted-In press 2006)
Conference and Workshop Publications:
1. Mohamad Ali Torkamani, Daniel Lowd, "On Robustness and Regularization of Structural Support Vector Machines", NIPS 2013 Workshop on Perturbations, Optimization, and Statistics, Lake Tahoe, Nevada, USA, Dec. 4-10, 2013.
2. Mohamad Ali Torkamani, Daniel Lowd, " Convex Adversarial Collective Classification ", The 30th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML 2013), Atlanta, GA, USA, 16-21 June, 2013.
3. Jan Neumann, Xiaodong Yu, and Mohamad Ali Torkamani, "What’s Hot: Linear Popularity Prediction from TV and Social Usage Data", National Cable and Television Show Association, Washington, D.C.,USA June 11, 2013.
4. Daniel Lowd, Mohamad Ali Torkamani, "Towards Adversarial Collective Classification", ARO Workshop, Sep. 20-25, 2011.
5. S. Mahmoodzadeh, M. Pariazar, M. S. Zaeri, Mohamad Ali Torkamani, "Evaluate Project by Using Multiple Criteria Decision Making techniques ", IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering & Engineering Management, Singapore, 2-5 Dec 2007.
6. Mohamad Ali Torkamani, S. Mahmoodzadeh, S. Pourroostaei, C. Lucas, " Investigating Chaos in Foreign Exchange Rates vs. IRR (Iranian Rial)", WASET International Conference on Business and Economics (ICBE2007), pp 328-332, Nice, France, October 2007.
7. Mohamad Ali Torkamani, S. Mahmoodzadeh, J. Askari, C. Lucas, "Time Series Prediction Using Brain Emotional Learning Model, Case Study: Pistachio Production", Accepted in Third International Conference on Business, Management and Economics (ICBME2007), Izmir, Turkey, 13-17 June 2007.
8. Mohamad Ali Torkamani, Javad Askari, Javad Sabaghzadeh, "Fuzzy Graphical Symbol Recognition: A New Method for Feature Extraction", (In Persian Language) 12th Annual International CSI Computer Conference (CSICC2007), Tehran, Iran, 20-22 February 2007.
9. Mohamad Ali Torkamani, J. Askari, C. Lucas, "Estimating strange attractor's dimension in very noisy data, application to FOREX time series", IEEE Conference on Information and Communication (ICTTA2006), Syria, 2006.
Computer & Information Science Department, 1202 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-1202, USA