Welcome to Dejing Dou's
I am a Professor in the Computer and Information Science Department at the University of Oregon and lead the Advanced Integration and Mining Lab (AIM Lab). I am also the Director of the NSF IUCRC Center for Big Learning (CBL). I received my Ph.D. degree in Artificial Intelligence in 2004 (advisor: Drew McDermott) at Yale University. I received my B.E. degree in Electronic Engineering in 1996 at Tsinghua University.
My research interests include:
Biomedical and Health Informatics
I focus on three critical challenges in processing data and knowledge: heterogeneity, reusability, and scalability.
- Our Center for Big Learning (CBL) was funded by the NSF IUCRC program in January, 2018.
- I am co-chairing an AI Frontiers Workshop in Silicon Valley on December 12th, 2017
- I am giving an invited keynote talk at 10th International Workshop on Privacy and Anonymity in the Information Society at ICDM 2017.
- Research Associate, Yang Zhou, has joined Auburn University as a tenure-track Assistant Professor in August, 2017.
- Previous PhD student, Paea LePendu, has accepted a tenure-track Assistant Professor position at ASU, beginning fall 2017.
- I am giving an invited talk at the Portland Metro Chapter of the Data Administration Management Association on May 18, 2017.
- NSF funded our planning meeting to establish an IUCRC Center for Big Learning (CBL) in 2017.
- Postdoc Research Associate, NhatHai Phan, has accepted a tenure-track Assistant Professor position at NJIT, beginning fall 2016.
- Two papers have been accepted for Oral Presentation at AAAI-16.
- Ph.D. student, Fernando Gutierrez, has successfully defended his thesis in the fall of 2015.
- Ph.D. student, Shangpu Jiang, has successfully defended his thesis and joined Google in the fall of 2015.
- The paper Ontology Matching with Knowledge Rules has received Best Paper Award at DEXA 2015.
- I am giving an invited keynote talk at 4th Workshop on Data Mining for Medicine and Healthcare at SDM 2015.
- The SMASH project has been funded by NIH/NIGMS in 2013 as a three year R01 grant. Congratulations to the team!
- I was co-chairing the ODBASE 2013. We have invited 5 selected papers to a special issue of the Springer Journal on Data Semantics.
- Computer and Information Science
- Deschutes Hall, Room 303
- University of Oregon
- Eugene, OR 97403
- Phone: 541-346-4572
- Fax: 541-346-5373
- Email: dou (at) cs.uoregon.edu
Updated: September 23rd, 2018