I am constantly recruiting self-motivated PhD students to join my dynamic and active group for interesting and exciting research!
- Please drop me an e-mail anytime with your curriculum vitae, and check our department's graduate application instructions.
- You are expected to have relatively good math knowledge (e.g., calculus, probabilities, algorithm analysis), besides programming skills. Students typically need to learn more math (e.g., optimization) while working with me.
So, willingness to learn is very important. I conduct regular meetings and discussions with students, so that we can think and explore together.
My group often operates in the Center for Cyber Security and Privacy as part of a larger group of faculty and students.
- If you are already a University of Oregon student and want to do your master or bachelor thesis with me, please also let me know.
- You are most welcome as a visiting researcher to visit us (and the beautiful Willamette Valley) in Oregon. Feel free to reach out.
I advise/co-advise and work with students both locally and remotely. Some students are as follows, with achievements (e.g., papers with me) and latest affiliations (if known):
- University of Oregon
- Quang Dang (PhD student, 2022-present)
- Anthony Dario (PhD student, 2021-present)
- Internship, Nokia Bell Labs @ Stuttgart
- Steven A. Raymund Fellowship
- Graduate School Promising Scholar Award
- Wencong You (PhD student, 2018-2020): SECON, INFOCOM
- Gurdeep Pall Graduate Student Fellowship
- IEEE INFOCOM'20 Student Travel Grant
- Alex Xiao Cai (MSc student, 2021-present)
- Tien Dinh (MSc student, 2021-2022)
- Xin (Adam) Chen (BSc student, 2018): Amazon @ Seattle
- Yueqi Zhu (BSc student, 2017): Departmental Honor; Microsoft @ Redmond
- Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- Yining Zhang (PhD student, 2022-present)
- Fei Wang (PhD student, 2020-present): TMC
- Xuaner Wu (MSc student, 2021-present)
- Yulan Yuan (MSc student, 2019-2021): TITS, TWC, INFOCOM; HKUST @ Hong Kong
- Nanjing University
- Yan Chen (PhD student, 2022-present)
- Mingtao Ji (PhD student, 2022-present)
- Yibo Jin (PhD student, 2019-present): SECON, ICDCS, INFOCOM, JSAC
- Beihang University
- Youmei Song (PhD student, 2020-present): SECON
- Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Shutong Chen (PhD student, 2018-2021): INFOCOM, TPDS
- Wuhan University
- Yi Zhong (MSc student, 2021-2022): SECON; ByteDance @ Shanghai