Office: Deschutes 337
I am a fourth year PhD candidate at University of Oregon(UofO), working in the High Performance Computing Laboratory (HPCL),
under the supervision of Prof. Boyana Norris.
Prior to this I received my Bachelor's degree in Mody Institute of Technology and Science, Rajasthan. Soon after I joined IBM and worked
for a year as Associate Systems Engineer and as a Systems Engineer there on. Next, I came to US for pursuing my Masters in Computer
Science from University of Oregon.
My resume is available here to view.
My Linkedin profile is available here.
- Fall 2014 - Present - Research Assistant, High Performance Computing Lab (HPCL), under the supervision of Professor Boyana Norris
Presently, I am working on the Lighthouse project which involves working on large datasets, preprocessing the data, analyzing the data, creating a workflow and building performance models. Currently I am applying this approach to the Portable Extensible Toolkit for Scientific Computing (PETSc, a widely used high-performance solver package) to automate the process of selecting the parallel numerical solvers that would perform best in solving a given large sparse linear system. My work involves dealing with problems coming from different domains such as computational fluid dynamics, model reduction, electromagnetics, semiconductor devices, thermodynamics, materials, acoustics and many more. This project is useful to scientists from all these domains, and can apply to even more domains. This work has made me interested in data analytics and other related tasks.
Petsc User Meeting 2017, Boulder, Colorado | June 2017 [ Petsc User Meeting Poster ]
SIAM-CSE 2017, Georgia, Atlanta | March 2017 [SIAM Poster 2017]
Supercomputing 2015, Austin, Texas | November 2015 [Supercomputing Poster 2015]
Research Publications and Reports
- Comparative Performance Modeling of Parallel Preconditioned Krylov Methods. IEEE HPCC, 2017. [pdf]
- Solver Schemes for Linear Systems. Comprehensive Exam Position Paper, Dec 2016. [pdf]
- Performance-based numerical solver selection in the Lighthouse framework. SIAM Journal on
Scientific Computing, Mar 2016. [pdf]
- Lighthouse: An automated solver selection tool. Software Engineering for High Performance
Computing in Computational Science and Engineering (SEHPCCSE), Nov 2015. [pdf]
- Lighthouse: A taxonomy-based solver selection tool. Proceedings of the Second Workshop on Software
Engineering for Parallel Systems (SEPS), Oct 2015. [pdf]
- Automated Selection of Numerical Solvers. Technical Report, Oct 2015. [pdf]
- Course Instructor for CIS 110: Fluency with Information Technology - Summer 2014
- Lab Instructor for CIS 211: Object Oriented Programming - Spring, Winter 2014
- Lab Instructor for CIS 122: Intro to Programming and Problem Solving - Fall 2013
- Lab Instructor for CIS 110: Fluency with Information Technology - Spring 2013
- Lab Instructor for CIS 210: Python Programming - Fall & Winter 2013
Other Experience- Internships
- Argonne National Lab, Givens Associate [ANL] - Summer 2017
- Schlumberger, REMS HPC Intern [Schlumberger] - Summer 2016
- IIT-Delhi, Summer Intern [IIT, Delhi] - Summer 2013
- NTPC, Undergrad Summer Intern [NTPC] - Summer 2010
- Horse Riding
- Card making